This large area is home to many of Sydney residents and businesses. A variety of small, large, basic to extravagant strata complexes reside here and Strata & Co. has the expertise to assist with any type of strata. With qualified professionals and modern technology systems, you can be at ease knowing that you are always in the loop and in good hands. We offer start-to-finish solutions, so you don’t need to work multiple companies – we do it all!
Areas We Service in Western Sydney
- Acacia Gardens
- Baulkham Hills
- Bella Vista
- Box Hill
- Cambridge Park
- Castle Hill
- Constitution Hill
- Dundas Valley
- Emu Plains
- Glenmore Park
- Guildford West
- Harris Park
- Homebush West
- Jordan Springs
- Kellyville Ridge
- Kings Park
- Marsden Park
- Mays Hill
- Merrylands West
- Mount Druitt
- North Kellyville
- North Parramatta
- North Rocks
- Old Toongabbie
- Oxley Park
- Pendle Hill
- Quakers Hill
- Regents Park
- Rooty Hill
- Ropes Crossing
- Rouse Hill
- Seven Hills
- Shanes Park
- South Granville
- South Penrith
- South Wentworthville
- St Marys
- Stanhope Gardens
- Sydney Olympic Park
- Wentworth Point
- West Pennant Hills
- Winston Hills
- Wisemans Ferry
Sydney strata is a diverse and multi-faceted topic. A city as beautiful and complex as Sydney requires only the best strata management services available. From residential, corporate, commercial properties to retirement villages, Strata & Co. can do it all. We have fully licensed experts that have experience with all forms of strata. We understand that no two strata are the same, which is why we work with you in order to tailor our many services to your specific needs. In a big city like Sydney, it is still so easy to feel isolated. Don’t feel left out to dry by other strata management services. Instead, know that Strata & Co. is there for you as your local strata manager.
Strata & Co. is the only strata management provider of its kind in all of Australia oﬀering comprehensive strata management to all areas of Sydney. We believe that strata should be made simple and that you shouldn’t have to bounce around in order to manage your property. We are a one-stop- shop that can help you in all areas and types of strata. With 100% transparency and no hidden fees, we work with you to ensure all needs are met and you are satisfied. Get the peace of mind you deserve with Strata & Co.
- Establish and maintain the trust account
- Issue levy notices
- Monitor and arrange for recovery of levy arrears
- Pay invoices on behalf of Owners Corporation (e.g. for water charges, council rates and maintenance)
- Pay disbursements and expenses incurred in connection with Agent’s management of Strata Scheme
- Arrange insurance valuation as required
- Obtain quotes for insurance renewal
- Submit quotes to Executive Committee and renew insurances (according to instructions)
- Maintain strata roll and minute book
- Maintain correspondence file
- Record and retain notices under sections 118, 119 and 120 of the Act
- Issue minutes of delegated performance
- Maintain common seal
- Attend to routine written and oral communication
- Prepare and distribute notices of Annual General Meetings
- Attend Annual General Meetings and concurrent executive committee meetings
- Prepare and distribute minutes of Annual General Meetings
- Arrange for venue for meetings if required
- Answer queries from the executive committee about by-laws.
Executive Committee Meetings
Executive Committee Meetings
- Prepare and distribute notices of executive committee meetings
- Attend executive committee meetings held during office hours
- Attend executive committee meetings held outside office hours
- Prepare and distribute minutes of meetings
Extraordinary General Meetings
Extraordinary General Meetings
- Prepare and distribute notices of Extraordinary General Meetings
- Attend Extraordinary General Meetings held during office hours
- Attend Extraordinary General Meetings held outside office hours
- Prepare and distribute minutes of Extraordinary General Meetings
Repairs and Maintenance
Repairs and Maintenance
- Arrange building inspections and reports
- Arrange for appropriately qualified contractors to undertake routine repairs to and maintenance of the common property and/or specified owners corporation property provided that any expenditure incurred by the agent on such matters without obtaining the approval of the owners corporation does not exceed $1,000.00
- Prepare and lodge non-routine insurance claims
- Claims administration and other activities involved in minimisation of loss, liaison with loss adjustors and other related activities
- GST related activities (including checking tax invoices, supplying ABN details and BAS preparation and lodgement)
- Additional financial reports or reports prepared to specific requirements
- Serve notices to comply with by-laws
- Prepare and issue notices under section 45 of the Act for breach of the by-laws
- Represent the owners corporation in tribunal or court proceedings
- Preparation and lodgement of applications for mediation, adjudication, tribunal orders, briefing lawyers and/or relevant attendances
- Arranging drafting of by-laws, amendments to by-laws and/or by-law reviews
Extra services resulting from an on-site residential manager or caretaker ceasing to perform services.
- Arranging maintenance and repairs
- Authorising invoices
- Maintaining key register
- Arranging security and concierge services
- Arranging building services
- Arranging access for contractors
- Arranging building certifications
- Managing a greater volume of inquiries from occupants
Why Choose Us?
We are proud to be the only company of our type operating in Australia. We provide mixed-use strata management,
body corporate management and wide range of other strata-related services as part of our personalised and
one-stop-shop suite of solutions.
Frequently Asked Question
Our goal is simple, to make things that people care about. We were founded on this principle and we will always be committed to it.
What is Strata?
A strata scheme is a building or a collection of buildings, where individuals each own a small portion (eg. an apartment or townhouse) but where there is common property (eg. external walls, windows, roof, driveways, foyers, fences, lawns and gardens) which every owner shares ownership over.
What is Strata Title?
The original concept of strata title was to allow people to own their flats in multi-level buildings. It is a means by which a person can buy and own property; which might be a substantial distance above ground level. Before strata title, the most common way of buying into a high rise building was to buy shares in the company which owned the building thus giving a right to occupy one of more of the flats. This is commonly called ‘company title’.
NSW Office of Fair Trading “Buying into a strata scheme?” 2006
What is Common Property (in a Strata Scheme)?
Common property is that part of a Strata Scheme that is owned by everybody, not any one individual. Technically it is defined as “so much of a parcel as from time to time is not comprised in any lot.” The ‘parcel’ is the land (i.e. the lots and common property combined) on which the strata scheme is based. It therefore follows that anything that is not part of a lot is part of the common property. The strata plan (together with any strata plan of subdivision or strata plan of consolidation) is an essential tool to identify the common property.
What are 'Unit Entitlements' and what are they used for?
Every strata plan contains a list of the lots in the strata scheme and a corresponding allocation of a ‘unit entitlement’. The unit entitlement is a whole number and the total of the unit entitlements on the plan is called the ‘aggregate unit entitlement’. The unit entitlement is used to determine the lot owner’s;
- Share in the common property
- Voting rights when the voting is conducted by means of a poll.
- Right to share in distributions of surplus monies in the owners corporation’s administrative or sinking fund.
- Right to share in compensation monies paid by any public authority resuming the whole or part of the common property.
- Proportion of maintenance levies; and
- Obligation to contribute to repair and maintenance of common property under a joint exclusive use by-law.