We pride ourselves in offering an inclusive suite of options for strata management in Sydney. Whether residential, corporate, commercial, community or retirement living we do it all!
Your strata is safe in our hands as we have an expert team skilled in any level of strata. Don’t waste your time and resources with multiple companies when you can just use one — Strata and Co.
A better question to ask us is what can we not do? We provide all services of strata management so that you don’t need to look anywhere else. You conveniently deal with one company that has expertise and experience in all levels of strata.
- Establish and maintain the trust account
- Issue levy notices
- Monitor and arrange for recovery of levy arrears
- Pay invoices on behalf of Owners Corporation (e.g. for water charges, council rates and maintenance)
- Pay disbursements and expenses incurred in connection with Agent’s management of Strata Scheme
- Provide accounts paid summary
- Provide statutory reconciled accounts including balance sheet, statement of income and expenditure and levy status report
- Arrange for preparation and lodgement of annual tax return
- Assist auditor in providing accounts and records for audit [if required]
- Prepare administrative fund budget and arrange for sinking fund budget
- Manage administrative fund and sinking fund
- Arrange insurance valuation as required
- Obtain quotes for insurance renewal
- Submit quotes to Executive Committee and renew insurances (according to instructions)
- Maintain strata roll and minute book
- Maintain correspondence file
- Record and retain notices under sections 118, 119 and 120 of the Act
- Issue minutes of delegated performance
- Maintain common seal
- Attend to routine written and oral communication
- Prepare and distribute notices of Annual General Meetings
- Attend Annual General Meetings and concurrent executive committee meetings
- Prepare and distribute minutes of Annual General Meetings
- Arrange for venue for meetings if required
- Answer queries from the executive committee about by-laws.
Executive Committee Meetings
- Prepare and distribute notices of executive committee meetings
- Attend executive committee meetings held during office hours
- Attend executive committee meetings held outside office hours
- Prepare and distribute minutes of meetings
Extraordinary General Meetings
- Prepare and distribute notices of Extraordinary General Meetings
- Attend Extraordinary General Meetings held during office hours
- Attend Extraordinary General Meetings held outside office hours
- Prepare and distribute minutes of Extraordinary General Meetings
Repairs and Maintenance
- Arrange building inspections and reports
- Arrange for appropriately qualified contractors to undertake routine repairs to and maintenance of the common property and/or specified owners corporation property provided that any expenditure incurred by the agent on such matters without obtaining the approval of the owners corporation does not exceed $1,000.00
- Obtain quotations for repair, maintenance and replacement of common property or specified personal property vested in the owners corporation
- Liaise with tradesmen about work to be carried out on the strata scheme
- Arrange and execute contracts pursuant to the Home Building Act 1989 (NSW)
- Prepare and lodge non-routine insurance claims
- Claims administration and other activities involved in minimisation of loss, liaison with loss adjustors and other related activities
- GST related activities (including checking tax invoices, supplying ABN details and BAS preparation and lodgement)
- Additional financial reports or reports prepared to specific requirements
- Serve notices to comply with by-laws
- Prepare and issue notices under section 45 of the Act for breach of the by-laws
- Represent the owners corporation in tribunal or court proceedings
- Preparation and lodgement of applications for mediation, adjudication, tribunal orders, briefing lawyers and/or relevant attendances
- Arranging drafting of by-laws, amendments to by-laws and/or by-law reviews
Extra services resulting from an on-site residential manager or caretaker ceasing to perform services.
- Arranging maintenance and repairs
- Authorising invoices
- Maintaining key register
- Arranging security and concierge services
- Arranging building services
- Arranging access for contractors
- Arranging building certifications
- Managing a greater volume of inquiries from occupants
Any other services (that are not agreed services) that can be provided by the agent including but not limited to:
- Hiring and management (including payroll administration) of building employees
- Review of essential services such as fire safety
- Management of major refurbishment projects
- Management of defect rectification in new buildings
- Building condition surveys and scheduled maintenance programs
HOW TO CHANGE STRATA MANAGEMENT COMPANIES
Firstly, make sure to carefully read your current provider’s contract. Then, based on the termination data or date voids in the contract, you will need a new provider.
Give us a call for a quote and discussion about how we can help you. You can tell us what is your strata needs and we can provide even more details about the services we offer.
If you have any upcoming meetings, think about adding the cage to the agenda. If not, be sure your previous strata provider issues notices. And then, upon formal concusses and signed documents, your strata management will be changed.
Feel free to give us a call and begin the process of improving your strata today. It may be one of the best property decisions you’ll make.
Frequently Asked Question
Our goal is simple, to make things that people care about. We were founded on this principle and we will always be committed to it.
What is Strata?
A strata scheme is a building or a collection of buildings, where individuals each own a small portion (eg. an apartment or townhouse) but where there is common property (eg. external walls, windows, roof, driveways, foyers, fences, lawns and gardens) which every owner shares ownership over.
What is Strata Title?
The original concept of strata title was to allow people to own their flats in multi-level buildings. It is a means by which a person can buy and own property; which might be a substantial distance above ground level. Before strata title, the most common way of buying into a high rise building was to buy shares in the company which owned the building thus giving a right to occupy one of more of the flats. This is commonly called ‘company title’.
NSW Office of Fair Trading “Buying into a strata scheme?” 2006
What is Common Property (in a Strata Scheme)?
Common property is that part of a Strata Scheme that is owned by everybody, not any one individual. Technically it is defined as “so much of a parcel as from time to time is not comprised in any lot.” The ‘parcel’ is the land (i.e. the lots and common property combined) on which the strata scheme is based. It therefore follows that anything that is not part of a lot is part of the common property. The strata plan (together with any strata plan of subdivision or strata plan of consolidation) is an essential tool to identify the common property.
What are 'Unit Entitlements' and what are they used for?
Every strata plan contains a list of the lots in the strata scheme and a corresponding allocation of a ‘unit entitlement’. The unit entitlement is a whole number and the total of the unit entitlements on the plan is called the ‘aggregate unit entitlement’. The unit entitlement is used to determine the lot owner’s;
- Share in the common property
- Voting rights when the voting is conducted by means of a poll.
- Right to share in distributions of surplus monies in the owners corporation’s administrative or sinking fund.
- Right to share in compensation monies paid by any public authority resuming the whole or part of the common property.
- Proportion of maintenance levies; and
- Obligation to contribute to repair and maintenance of common property under a joint exclusive use by-law.
Why Choose Us
24-hour turn-around enquires
No hidden fees
Advance technology systems
Multi-lingual translation services
Fully licensed individuals
Experienced staff all levels of strats
Comprehensive and holistic approach